How to get to Seoul, Korea
Buses are colored according to its line type: Blue, Green, Red and Yellow.
- Blue (Main Line): Rapid inter-regional transportation. The bus fare is 900 won.
- Green (Branch Line): Linking main lines and subway trains inside a region. The bus fare is 900 won.
- Yellow (Circular Line): Transportation inside metropolitan sub centers. The bus fare is 500 won.
- Red (Wide Area Line): Rapid transportation between metropolitan areas and cities in the Gyeonggi Province.
The bus fare is 1,400 won.
- Note: English Bus Map is available at http://shc.seoul.go.kr/data/New_Bus_Map.pdf
The subway is the easiest and quickest way to get to your destination in Seoul. You can either buy a one-way ticket, or a pre-paid bus card. The basic fare begins with 800 won and increases according to distance. Most announcements signs are in both Korean and English. In addition, you can distinguish lines by their colors and numbers.
There are 8 subway lines in Seoul, and more subway lines are under construction. To get to Ewha, take Green line number 2 and get off at 'E-dae-yeok' (stop #241), which is short for the Ewha Womans University stop.
You can look up relevant information at the official website of the Seoul Metropolitan Subway Corporation at http://www.seoulsubway.co.kr/eng/. In addition, if you get lost or need information related to the subway system, you can contact 02-735-5678 for English help.
(T-money): T-Money can be used for public transportation on all subways that link Seoul and on every bus (both intra-city and village) that serve routes in Seoul or local districts in Gyeonggi Province and Incheon.
Long Distance Express Buses
If you want to go on a bus trip to other provinces, you can take express buses. There are two kinds of buses - Regular and Deluxe express bus. The latter type offers better service and facility at a higher price.
< Bus Terminals >
- Express Bus Terminal: Subway line number 3 and 7 at the 'Express Bus Terminal' Stop.
- Dong Seoul Express Bus Terminal: Subway line number 2 at the 'Gangbyeon' Stop.
10 minutes walk away from Ewha is a railway station called ShinChon-youk. If you want to go to the Kyounggi Province by train, this is the closest way to go. If you want to take a railway trip to other provinces more distant from Seoul, you will have to take a train from the Seoul Train Station, Yongsan Train Station or Chung-ryang-ri Train Station. You can look up relevant travel information at the website of the Korea National Railroad (www.korail.go.kr).